Waukegan Heater Installation
Keeping the Greater Chicagoland Area Cozy Since 1936
Life’s coziest moments happen at home. We should know—we’ve been installing heating systems in Waukegan and the surrounding areas since 1936. With a new and improved heating system, you can keep your home comfortable for many winters to come. At Kern Heating & Cooling Co., your family’s comfort is our priority. With more than 80 years of experience, we’re the heating installation experts you can trust. Let us help you choose the right make and model for your home!
Heating Options for Homeowners
Heating needs vary based on the structure, square footage, and current HVAC equipment in a house. If you’re building a new home, you can choose a heating unit and duct style perfectly suited to your space; if you’re updating an existing system, new, energy-efficient options can make a marked improvement in your home’s heating. We will always try to repair your heater first, but sometimes replacement ends up being the more cost-effective option in the long run.
We’ll Help You Choose the Right System for Your Waukegan Home:
- Furnaces: Heat air inside a unit and use pressure to distribute it throughout the home; new Energy Star-rated furnaces have 95% efficiency or greater
- Boilers: Provide radiant heat through radiators
- Heat pumps: Use the same unit as and function similarly to an air conditioner; almost no energy loss
- Single-stage or multi-stage heaters: Have either one setting or multiple settings for heat output; known for improving the energy efficiency and comfort of homes
- Variable stage heating: The most adaptive temperature control option that allows precise control of a home's comfort
How Long Do Heating Systems Last?
Depending on the type of heating system you own, the average lifespan can vary. For example, furnaces and heat pumps tend to last between 10 and 15 years, while a boiler may last 15 to 20 years or even longer. However, the amount of regular maintenance the system has received as well as it’s make, model, and level of efficiency can impact this lifespan. If your uncertain if your heater is reaching the end of it’s life, watch for the following signs that may indicate a new system is needed.
Signs You Need a New Furnace or Heater:
- Constant or very similar repairs are required
- The system frequently shuts on and off, commonly known as short cycling
- There is visible damage or indications of corrosion on the furnace
- The heater is an outdated model that is not energy-efficient
- There is a significant change or decrease in your home’s air quality and humidity
- The heating unit was initially installed incorrectly or is the wrong size for your property
- The cost of a repair is higher than the cost of a new system
If you believe it's time for a new heater, reach out to the Waukegan furnace replacement team at Kern Heating & Cooling Co. today. Our reliable team can evaluate your current system, provide you the necessary information on your replacement options, and perform the installation in an accurate and timely fashion.
Is an Old Furnace Dangerous?
The winters in Illinois get excruciatingly cold--with temperatures dropping below zero. Therefore, it's important to ensure you have a properly working furnace to keep you and your family warm, safe, and comfortable. While an older furnace operates less efficiently than a newer one, putting you at risk of not having adequate heat to keep you and your family warm enough during the cold season, it can also pose other threats to your health and safety--especially if they're gas or oil powered.
Some of the dangers involved in operating an older furnace include:
- Gas leaks: If your furnace is gas powered, you run the risk of a gas leak. This puts your home at risk of explosion. Additionally, prolonged exposure to gas can lead to poisoning, which results in flu-like symptoms.
- Fire hazards: Typically, older furnaces go hand in hand with poor ventilation, which puts your home at greater risk of fires breaking out. This is why it's important to avoid putting anything flammable in close proximity to your furnace.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning: An old gas furnace is more prone to carbon monoxide leaks. Because it's odorless and invisible to the naked eye, it can be difficult to notice that your furnace is leaking this toxic substance. However, if you're experiencing dizziness or nausea, it's important to seek medical attention and get your furnace inspected as soon as possible. Prolonged exposure to carbon monoxide can result in death.
For your safety, it's important to be aware of the warning signs that accompany these threats to your safety and health. First, it's important that your furnace's flame is blue in color. A yellow or flickering flame is a strong indication that you have a gas and/or carbon monoxide leak.
Additionally, higher than usual energy bills or unexplained flu-like symptoms can also be strong indicators that something is wrong with your furnace. Give our Waukegan furnace replacement experts a call right away so we can perform a thorough inspection and determine whether you need repairs or replacement.
Quality Waukegan Heater Installation & Service Expertise
At Kern Heating & Cooling Co., every person you interact with, from our service schedulers to our technicians to our sales experts, works as a team. This is our way of making sure you get the best service possible, while also getting the best heating solution possible for your home and in the event of a breakdown, we are available 24/7 with emergency repairs.
She worked with us to see what would be best for our home, and we could not be happier with the results. Everyone was very professional from start to finish and we are so happy we went with Kern!- Mallory Greenwald
Polite & Knowledgeable- Thankful Customer
A Positive Experience- Satisfied Customer
Very Happy- Happy Customer
Licensed & Insured
We understand the stress that can come with these repairs so we are always properly licensed and insured to give you total peace of mind.
We hire the very best employees that have a passion for great customer service and a drive to provide excellent work.
Experience that Matters
We have been in business since 1936 so with over 80 years in business, we are the name you can trust.
A Full Team
When you choose Kern Heating & Cooling you get the whole team, not just an individual, dedicated to your satisfaction from start to finish.