Waukegan Boiler Repair & Installation
Expert Boiler Services You Can Rely On
Have you been left in the cold because your property’s boiler isn’t functioning properly? Whether your system is making a strange noise, not heating your home the way it used to, or is leaking water, you need a trained professional to offer fast and dependable repairs. Enter Kern Heating & Cooling Co.. Our team has over 80 years of industry experience, and our licensed and insured technicians will get your boiler back up and running in no time. We know that a malfunctioning boiler can throw your day into disarray, which is why we show up right away, even offering 24-hour emergency service, 7 days a week—so you can trust Kern Heating & Cooling Co. to be at your door, ready to get to work, day or night. We offer high-quality boiler repair, replacement, and maintenance services to homes and businesses in Waukegan and surrounding areas.
Trusted Boiler Replacement Services
As a local team, we work hard to make sure our community is comfortable all year round. That is why if your boiler is malfunctioning, we will do everything we can to repair it first. However, there are some problems that repairs can’t fix. If that is the case, our Waukegan boiler installation team will happily walk you through your replacement options and get your new system installed as quickly as possible.
5 Signs You Need A New Boiler:
- Large and/or multiple leaks: While small leaks can be repaired, larger leaks can affect the structural integrity of your boiler. Multiple leaks can indicate that your system may be suffering from corrosion.
- Your boiler is over 15 years old: Even the highest quality boilers won’t last forever, as wear and tear catches up to everything. This means that boilers past their prime are not only less efficient but also more likely to need repairs more often.
- You need boiler repairs more than once a year: The cost of frequent repairs can really add up. Not only are these repairs costly but eventually, they affect the structural integrity of your system.
- Unexplained energy bill increase: Spikes in your monthly boiler bill is a warning sign that your system is no longer as efficient as it used to be. Whether this is due to age or leaks, it is clear that your boiler isn’t serving you as well as it could be.
- Inconsistent or uneven heating: Are you experiencing hot and cold spots in your space? If so, your current system might not be able to support your heating needs. This can cause your system to overwork, causing spiked energy bills, more frequent repairs, and worst of all, an uncomfortable home.
Why Is My Boiler Making A Whistling Noise?
Typically, when a boiler starts to whistle, the culprit is your water pressure or even a damaged pump that is on its way out. However, whistling could also indicate the presence of air in the boiler. Regardless, it is best to bring in a professional heating technician who can evaluate your system to determine the source of the noise and what repair is needed. Other noises to look out for include rattling, gurgling, banging, or humming. While it is normal for boilers to make some level of noise, unusual or loud sounds emitting from the heating system are typically an indication that a repair is needed. However, noisy operation is not the only reason for a repair.
Common Boiler Problems, Include:
- Damaged or malfunctioning thermostats which can affect the system’s ability to heat your property
- Broken or faulty thermocouples which can cause the boiler’s pilot light to extinguish
- Frozen condensate pipes which can lead to a blockage caused by water buildup, resulting in a host of problems
- Large accumulation of sediment, or scaling, within the boiler, resulting in noisy operation, decreased efficiency, and even corrosion if severe enough
- Damaged pressure valve which can lead to changes in your water pressure or even a leak
To ensure the continued efficiency and optimal performance of your boiler, make sure to contact our Waukegan boiler repair team at the first sign of a problem. As several of these problems exhibit similar symptoms, having a professional inspect your boiler is the best way to ensure the actual issue is found. Avoid neglecting a necessary service as it could result in more damage to the boiler and even an early replacement.
Preventative Maintenance Solutions You Can Trust
Most customers come to us because their boiler isn’t performing optimally and they are in need of repairs or a full replacement. However, annual boiler maintenance is a preventative service we perform in order to make sure your boiler works the way it is supposed to when you need it most. When you schedule maintenance, a technician will thoroughly evaluate your system, systematically clean and lubricate moving parts, and inspect crucial individual components in order to ensure everything in your boiler is functioning properly.
The Name To Trust For All Your Boiler Needs
No matter which boiler service you need, you can trust that our team at Kern Heating & Cooling Co. is here to help. Our expansive industry knowledge and first-hand experience means we have seen it all, and will be able to quickly diagnose the issue and fix it right away. From 24/7 emergency repairs to seamless replacements and maintenance solutions, our team is here to keep homes and businesses warm throughout Waukegan.
Our expert Waukegan boiler repair and replacement specialists will go above and beyond to ensure your system is working optimally for years to come. Call us at (847) 383-0350 or contact us online to schedule an appointment today!
She worked with us to see what would be best for our home, and we could not be happier with the results. Everyone was very professional from start to finish and we are so happy we went with Kern!- Mallory Greenwald
Polite & Knowledgeable- Thankful Customer
A Positive Experience- Satisfied Customer
Very Happy- Happy Customer
Licensed & Insured
We understand the stress that can come with these repairs so we are always properly licensed and insured to give you total peace of mind.
We hire the very best employees that have a passion for great customer service and a drive to provide excellent work.
Experience that Matters
We have been in business since 1936 so with over 80 years in business, we are the name you can trust.
A Full Team
When you choose Kern Heating & Cooling you get the whole team, not just an individual, dedicated to your satisfaction from start to finish.